The Osprey may be the last gouge you ever need. The Osprey tools are available in two sizes as detailed below. All tools are shipped with the screw and cutter installed along with a T-9 Flag Style Torx wrench for cutter rotation.
– The two sizes available are 1/2” Round Shank and 3/8 Round Shank.
– Use the tool just like any conventional gouge. Anchor, Bevel, and Cut.
– The Osprey tools are very popular with the woodturners that do segmented work achieving fine finish cuts.
– Tools are available with handles or you can turn a handle to suit your needs.
– Replacement parts are detailed in the two sizes available.
1/2” Round Shank Osprey
The 1/2” Round Shank Osprey is a very popular tool especially for the woodturners that do segmented work. For spindle turning, you can achieve very fine finish cuts. The Osprey is used like any gouge … anchor, bevel, cut. Please see the following link to see this tool in use: https://huntertoolsystems.com/hunter-tool-demonstrations-2/
The 1/2” Round Shank Osprey uses # 2 components which are # 2 Cutter, # 2 Screw and # 2 Wrench.
The shaft length on this tool from the handle is 6”. The handled tool comes with a 15” handle which is the recommended length if you choose to make your own handle.
3/8” Round Shank Osprey
The 3/8 Round Shank Osprey tool is built on a 3/8″ diameter shank. The Osprey is a great tool for those fine finish cuts. It is used just like any other gouge: anchor, bevel, cut. The #1 Osprey is used by many pen turners. An easy method to turn beads and coves with this 3/8” Round Shaft Osprey is detailed in the following demo:
The 3/8” Round Osprey uses # 1 components which are # 1 Cutter, # 1 Screw and # 1 Wrench.
The shaft length on this tool from the handle is 4”. The handled tool comes with a 12” handle which is the recommended length if you choose to make your own handle.