Cygnet Hollower – the Cygnet is a baby Swan
The Cygnet Hollower is designed in collaboration with Cindy Drozda. It is a bit different than most of the Hunter style tools.
- Relatively short at 6″ length overall, it is a flat shaft tapered over its length to the slight bend and twist down at the cutter.
- Daintier than most of the solid bar type tools typical of the Hunter family, the Cygnet is manufactured to produce finer touches.
- The Cygnet is a sturdy tool but it has the appearance of being more for finessing things.
- The Cygnet is designed to be used flat on the tool rest.
- The cutter is in line with the shaft so there is little twisting movement in the tool.
- Tools are available with a 12” handle or without a handle.
- Replacement parts are readily available. The Cygnet uses the # 1 Cutter, # 1 Screw and the # 1 or T-9 Torx Wrench.
For additional information, Kurt Hertzog did a March 2019 review in More Woodturning. More Woodturning is a great on-line Woodturning magazine that is generally up to date with new product reviews. The review of the Working Center link is: